Thursday, December 10, 2009

Faith; Life's Ultimate Ingredient


I sit here this morning knowing that I am entering the 4th quarter as an unemployed worker. This of itself is not extremely upsetting but with the new year approaching quickly and no funds to contribute with family celebration(s) does dampen the spirit. But daily I am reminded how others have faced the economic disaster and struggles heaved onto them I can only think, 'There but for the grace of God, go I'.

A friend, laid off at the same time, has lost his home and is in the middle of divorce. It sounds bad but I know because he was an ex-marine from Desert Storm, nothing could be worse. He has his health, the love of his daughter and faith of America to move forward through to economic recovery.

Faith; belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. Daily I am supported by my inspiring wife, friends and family, that faith will get anyone through any travesty. If we give in to doubt, the stepping stone to despair, we only invite in the conclusion, failure. No one has ever succeeded in life with such an anchor. It's through faith we scale life's walls that are temporarily obscuring our view.

No comments:

Post a Comment